√mathroots is a 14-day summer program hosted by MIT-PRIMES for promising high school students from underrepresented backgrounds or underserved communities who are interested in exploring creative topics in mathematics. Students will discover new mathematical ideas and learn problem solving skills through a series of classes, group activities, and invited lectures led by a team of instructors with diverse experiences teaching both research and competition math.
The program features:
- Creative problem solving outside the standard curriculum
- Exposure to beautiful yet accessible ideas in mathematics
- Introduction to techniques and meaning of mathematical proof
- An academic and cultural community of like-minded peers, mentors, and instructors
- 100% FREE – Just cover your travel to and from Boston – travel scholarships available