At the South Texas Health System, we have more than 350 student and adult volunteers helping us provide high-quality service to patients and their families. Because South Texas Health System is the largest hospital system in the Rio Grande Valley, there are many opportunities to choose from. You can volunteer during the day, in the evening or on weekends. If you have four hours a week to make a difference in someone’s life, please join the two South Texas Health System volunteer organizations.
To ensure your application is considered, please follow the suggested application deadlines:
- To start in the fall submit by August 15
- To start in the spring submit by December 15
- To start in the summer submit by May 1
Student Volunteers—Comprised of young men and women (15 years minimum), many from local high schools, South Texas College and the University of Texas Pan American, who volunteer for educational goals and work experience. Volunteers are accepted three times per year for fall, spring or summer semester placement. Junior volunteers serve about 48 hours per semester or four hours per week.
Perks of being a volunteer at South Texas Health System include the following:
- A 20 percent discount on gift items in the Gift Shop
- A $5 meal voucher for the cafeteria
- Access to hospital educational programs, in-services and workshops
- Free flu shot and TB testing
- Most of all, self satisfaction!
Under the section “select availability” indicate that it is for the summer program.
Internship Info: Click here for internship information
Apply Here: Click here to apply!