Texas A&M has an amazing program that promotes healthy living and lifestyles. It’s called the A&M Youth Ambassador Program.
Do You Want To:
- Serve as a community health and wellness advocate
- Assist county Extension agents in providing leadership to the youth
components of Healthy South Texas
- Serve as a leader to implement the Fuel Up To Play 60 Program in local schools
- Become knowledgeable and skilled in the healthy lifestyles subject matter
- Coordinate educational events that will encourage better health in your community
- Youth must be at least 9th grade students at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Membership open to all regardless of socioeconomic level, race, color, sex, national origin and disability.
- Ambassadors will serve a two-year term, with terms beginning in the later Spring/Summer prior to the start of the school year.
- Ambassadors may serve consecutive terms but must re-apply if they wish to renew membership.
- Ambassadors are required to participate in an ambassador training.
- Ambassadors are expected to attend all face-to-face and online meetings as well as complete the plans and submit reports as required.
- Complete and report 50 hours of leadership, program efforts, or community service projects per year.
- Any costs associated with participating in ambassador trainings and/or meetings, including travel, registration fees, ambassador shirt, etc., are the responsibility of each individual ambassador.
Deadline: April 2nd, 2018
Brochure Info: 18-19 Youth Recruitment flyer