You have probably heard your peers talk about taking classes at STC or UTRGV over the summer, and you might be a little confused about the process. Here is what you need to know!
Dual Enrollment is an opportunity to earn college credit while enrolled in high school. Most students take summer classes and in those summer classes, most students take government and economics.
There are some simple pro’s and con’s in doing dual enrollment in the summer.
- It will allow you to have more flexibility in your academic schedule.
- You will have college credit!
- You will get a good experience as a college student.
- You not earn any GPA points.
- You are starting your college GPA while in high school.
If you have any questions regarding dual enrollment, please feel free to speak to me!