Our Rio Grande Valley community often faces financial hardships, but this shouldn’t impede our graduating high school seniors from fulfilling their dreams of obtaining a higher education. VAMOS strives to help commendable students begin and finish their post-secondary education with the financial assistance of our scholarships.
Deadline: April 2nd, 2019
- Be a high school senior in Hidalgo, Starr or Cameron County graduating in the spring
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident with a Social Security Number. Permanent residents must have lived in Hidalgo, Starr or Cameron County for five consecutive years
- Be enrolled as a full-time student for four academic years at a U.S. accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of at least 80/100 or 2.5/4.0 and/or rank in the top 30% of their graduating high school class
- Have met the minimum SAT or ACT score requirements for the student’s college or university of choice
- Students must be eligible for Pell Grant
You will need to create an account with VAMOS!