Junior League Scholarship!
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Have a grade point average of at least 85
- Participate in school activities (unless employed)
- Participate in voluntarism in the community
- Be a qualified graduate
Submit all the requirements by April 25, 2018 to your school counselor or mail it to
Chair, Junior League McAllen, Inc., PO Box 3004, McAllen TX 78502
(application must be postmarked by
Download the application here: Scholarship Application!
Options Students! Please download the local scholarship app, complete it, and submit it to Mr. Lopez by April 2nd.
Lamar Local Scholarship App
Female future finance majors!
1. Recognize a.) college-bound, female high school seniors who have exhibited scholastic achievement and demonstrated leadership skills and
2. Encourage the consideration of careers in finance and, more specifically, public finance
3. Provide an opportunity for scholarship recipients to meet women established in the public finance industry and learn about various career options and opportunities available.
A p p l i c a t i o n D e a d l i n e : S u n d a y , M a r c h 25, 2 0 1 8 a t 1 1 : 5 9 P M ( C e n t r a l T i m e )
Download Application here: Scholarship Application
The Don’t mess with Texas® Scholarship recognizes the achievements of Texas high school seniors who take a leadership role in preventing litter in their schools and communities. Any Texas high school senior currently attending public, private or home school and planning to attend an accredited Texas college or university next year may apply. Student essays should describe creative and/or sustainable solutions to prevent litter and build awareness of the Don’t mess with Texas initiative.
Deadline: April 20, 2018 • 5 P.M. (CST)
Fill out the application online – it’s a simple short essay!
Click here to apply!
This is a good website to explore by yourself, with your parents, & with Mr. Lopez about the various college scholarship search engines!
Scholarship Search Engines
The Scholarship is open nationwide to those who will be attending college fall semester of 2018. Special consideration will be give to an undergraduate who is interested in pursuing a career in Home Healthcare and knows someone that worked in the nuclear industry and was subsequently approved for benefits under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA), but anyone meeting the requirements & can demonstrate an interested in pursuing a career in Healthcare will be considered.
Deadline: July 31st!
This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1000
I can send you an unofficial transcript for your application! Just ask!
Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and fill out the information!
Divorce Matters is pleased to offer our 1st Annual Divorce Matters Scholarship.
This scholarship is available to high school seniors and current college students nationwide who have been personally affected by a divorce. At our law firm, we know life gets complicated and that divorce is sometimes necessary. Our goal is to help students affected by divorce afford a better education.
Award + Deadlines
- The scholarship is a one-time award of $2,500
- All applications must be received by 11:59pm MST on May 31st, 2018
- A winner will be announced in July 2018
- Funds will be sent directly to the school you will be attending.
You are eligible to be considered for the scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- You have personally been affected by a divorce.
- You will be attending an accredited 4-year college/university or a 2-year community college for Fall 2018.
- A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
- You must submit a 500-word essay explaining answering the following question: How has divorce touched your life? In what ways did it shape you into the person you are today?.
- Employees of Divorce Matters and their direct family members are not eligible to apply.
*Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application for consideration.
Deadline: May 31st!
Apply Here: Click here to apply!